Громадська організація «Десяте квітня» оголошує вакансію на зайняття посади старшого правового консультанта в проекті «Захист біженців, шукачів притулку та осіб без громадянства в Одеському регіоні». Дедлайн – 11 червня 2021 року (далі – англ.).
“The Tenth of April” is a non-government organization which implements the UNHCR program of legal and social assistance to asylum seekers and refugees’ communities’ empowerment in Odesa and Odesa region in accordance with the UNHCR policies, priorities and operating procedures.
The NGO “The Tenth of April” (“DESYATE KVITNYA”) announces the vacancy for the position of a senior legal counselor for the project implemented under the partnership with UNHCR in Ukraine “Protection for refugees, asylum seekers and stateless persons in Odesa region”
We are seeking a dynamic and proactive team player, with a strong interest in communication and self-development in refugee issues.
This project seeks to facilitate the establishment of the effective asylum system in Ukraine through improvement of the institutional capacity of state authorities to deal with refugees and asylum seekers and enhancement of the access to legal assistance and legal remedies for refugees and asylum seekers.
The senior legal counselor will be directly involved in providing legal advice to asylum seekers and refugees, and maintaining cooperation with key stakeholders on the issue of refugees’ rights protection.
The senior legal counselor will have to perform the following duties on the daily basis:
- Legal counseling on the issues of the asylum procedure in Ukraine to the persons of concern;
- Legal counseling on other issues to the refugees and asylum seekers;
- Conducting monitoring visits to Section for Work with those seeking Protection of Main Department of migration service in Odesa region;
- Representation of interests of the persons of concern before the state authorities;
- Timely and effective implementation of all the project activities;
- Regular reporting on the performed project activities within agreed deadlines;
- Compliance with all the relevant Organization’s policies and procedures, including Procurement and the Code of conduct.
Applicants will need to fulfil the following minimum requirements:
- Advanced university degree, at least a Bachelor’s degree in the field of Law, International Relations or other related discipline;
- Relevant work experience in the field of human rights protection (desirable, but non-obligatory);
- Successful completion of international courses, schools, projects on human rights protection or related issues is preferably;
- Fluency in Ukrainian, Russian and English, working knowledge of other foreign languages will be an asset;
- Knowledge and adherence to the principles of humanitarian work;
- High analytical skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong negotiation skills.
Full-time employment in the friendly and motivating working environment.
Motivation letters explaining the interest in the position and CVs in English should be sent to email@example.com with the subject: “Senior Legal Counselor”. If any questions, please call 073 003 11 88 or 048 766 00 04.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview, no late applications will be accepted.
Deadline for applications: 11.06.2021
“The Tenth of April” seeks to sustain its workforce diversity. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.